Pages

Thursday 17 December 2020

2020

Can you believe we're already in the last weeks of 2020?

Funny how this tough year feels forever but also moving uncontrollably fast.

I think I can speak for us all that 2020 is very, very hard. Covid-19, economic recession, struggling with mental health during quarantine for sure aren't easy.

Me myself just glad I manage this far, alive and sane. Of course bruised here and there, also very much exhausted, but that's just the way life during the pandemic should appropriately be, no?

To be entirely honest, no matter how shitty this year is, it still surprise me (in a good way) every now and then. WFH, for instance. My hubby's in full WFH mode since March. Because I'm a freelancer, remote working is natural. So we're 24 hours, in the same place, together. From waking up in the morning to get back sleeping at night. Been going on for 9,5 freaking months. It's amazing, really, how we wind up not fed up with each other (or divorce, for that matter).

I also discover so many new things this year. The joy of cooking, how magnificent K-drama and K-pop (meet my newest identity: babyarmy jalur pandemi) are, and the serenity of doing house chores brings. Youtube and Netflix are my inseparable besties.

But the most wonderful trait that I realize this year is how often you can spot love and kindness in such a hopeless times. Hand in hand, we help those who in needs, from donation to spreading job vacancy, free endorsement to hampers-giving culture in order to boost SME sales.

I'm speaking from the experience, since Toko Bahagia wouldn't be here today, if it wasn't for everyone who's been nothing but generously kind to us.

All in all, it's been a rollercoaster ride. A horrific one that only a satan can probably enjoy. But even the most horrific rollercoaster has not only downs, but also ups. So there's that.

I know it's probably hard to feel optimistic about new year ahead. Who are we kidding, right? It probably will be as horrible as this year. But I do hope this will ease your mind even a tiny bit: we're in this together. No matter what future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment